As one of the main features offered by your Notion system, there are a million different reasons why you might want to install a sensor on your front door. The bonus of Notion is that the versatile sensor can handle almost anything you can throw at it without any modifications. Simply stick the sensor to your door, calibrate it, and set up your notifications preferences so that you can get alerts when you want them. We'll include a few examples below to explain why you might want a sensor on your front door.
- You have friends coming over and they don't ever ring your doorbell, they just walk right in and you want to know when they get to your house.
- You are forgetful when you're on your way to work and you want to be able to check to make sure you closed the door.
- You have a maid service and you want to know when they get to your house.
- You have contractors coming over to work on your kitchen remodel project, and you want to know when they are coming and going.
- You have small kids that like to go outside by themselves and you want to make sure they stay safe.
- You have teenagers and you want to know when they come home.
- You are worried about someone breaking into your home through the front door.
- Your kids get home from school before you get home from work and you want to know that they get home safe.
This is only a small number of the potential reasons for installing Notion on your front door. We're always excited to learn about the different ways people are using Notion in their homes. If you have an interesting use for a Notion sensor on your front door or any questions about Notion, please let us know! Click here to send us a message, or reach out to us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (877)668-4660.
Note: Sometimes other pre-existing door sensors can affect the accuracy of Notion. Often the secondary sensors can employ magnets that mess with the small components in Notion that detect when a door is open and closed. If you have a magnetic sensor already installed on your door, make sure Notion is installed at least two feet from the magnetic sensor.
Please sign in to leave a comment.