When you purchase a Notion system or receive a system from one of our partnership programs, the hardware is yours to keep! If you move homes, consider taking it with you and installing it in your new home.
If you move in to a new home and there is a Notion system there, follow the steps below to install it on your own account:
Try Installing The System
You may be able to install everything normally:
- Download the Notion app and create an account
- Reset your bridge. Leave it plugged in and press the button next to the light for 10 seconds
- Configure your bridge to your account. In the app, click on "Add Bridge" and follow the prompts
- Configure your sensors
- One sensor at a time, confirm they are awake. Turn the white body of the sensor counter-clockwise to remove it from the gray baseplate. Then take the batteries out and reinstall them. Look for the sensors to flash.
- If you do not see the sensors flash, you may need to replace the batteries
- Then in the app, click on "Add Sensor" and follow the prompts
- If you choose a location that is different from the previous homeowner's selection, contact our support desk for replacement adhesive backings.
During the steps above, you may see an error message that says "This [bridge/sensor] is already added to another system." If you see that error, continue with the steps below:
Contact The Previous Occupant
In order to gain control of Notion hardware, the previous owner needs to delete the bridge and sensors from their account. Try contacting them and ask them to follow the steps below:
- Open the Notion app and log in to their account
- Click on "System"
- Click on "Info"
- Click on "Delete System" and confirm that they want to delete
OR Contact The Notion Team
You may be unable to get in touch with the previous occupant of the home. In that case, contact our support team by email at support@GetNotion.com, or call us at (877)668-4660. Be prepared to share the 7-digit ID on the back of the bridge, it starts with "F0."
We can contact the previous owner at your request. The previous owner will need to confirm that they are no longer using the hardware.
Once the bridge and sensors are deleted from the previous owner's account, you can continue with configuring everything using the steps above.
Still having trouble? We're here to help! Contact support at 877-668-4660 or email us at email@example.com.